Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thing 23: The End

23 Things has been so much fun! I have enjoyed having a learning program that I can pick up during slow times, learn new things and review some old ones.

 
Highlights:
  • How many things I have done or played with in the past...that now connect to work
  • How creativity and do-it-yourself is so crucial. Things that were hard to do 5 years ago (create your own online survey and combile the results) are now straighforward. (I was very impressed by Google's survey maker! 
  • Mobile devices/multiple portals are crucial, and going to to get even more important. Get ready.
  • Social web/reposting/electronic gossip is everywhere! Twitter and Facebook are full of reposted content....discovery comes to me on my desktop, not over the water cooler.
  • The cloud is taking over from proprietary/desktop software. Will that change the focus on the web too? (IBM to Microsoft to Google to...Facebook???)
  • How much is the library already doing...and what coming next?
I will be looking for my next set of 23 Things to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment