Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thing 14: Online Surveys

Library Instruction is always evolving. Recently we have wanted to add a feedback form for students to tell us what the liked and did not like about our classes, what they need to know and what they do not not need.

The survey I created in Google Docs would be a great way to collect and analyze the data. Students are familiar with online surveys and it would transition well to move from a hands-on class to a hands-on electronic survey. In addition, the results could be collected and shared with all of the library staff.

Still, I am struggling with how I VIEW the survey. If I give students the link I want them to see the survey, not the spreadsheet. And I want staff members to be able to see both versions, the question view and the results view. I will play with it a bit and see what I can make happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment