Monday, October 25, 2010

Thing 3: RSS Feeds

RSS Feeds are essential to life! How else would I get all the news I need, from every obscure corner of the world?

I use two readers; one for personal (Bloglines) and  one for work-related news (Google Reader.) Only now, the work and personal are going to merge....my beloved Bloglines is closing up shop, and will no longer be available in about a week (SOB!) I have transferred my feeds to Google Reader, but I do not like their tools or interface as much as Bloglines. At least gReader has an app, since I do most of my media consuming/reading through my iPod touch.

Does this mean RSS is less crucial? Are readers getting their information in other places...or through other subscriptions? Blogs do integrate with Twitter and Facebook. Are writers reaching their readers through those proprietary systems, rather than through the less-ads simplicity of Bloglines? Is RSS being replaced...or just more seamlessly integrated?

No comments:

Post a Comment